Tuesday 6 May 2014

Glimpses of our weekend

We spend Saturday driving two little girls to art and sewing classes.  Why no, I do not sew, thank you for asking.  I do appreciate those talented folks who can sit for hours at this machine but I've never been inclined.  After the class TT's passion was ignited so I pulled out my 50 year old sewing machine that my aunt had given me several years back.  I was delighted to find out that it still ran after years and years of storage.  I went out in the afternoon and bought thread / fabric and a little sewing kit for my little one and then found out that the needle was broken so the machine couldn't be threaded.  Another shopping trip is in my future.  I promised I'd show TT how to sew a pillow, the only thing I know how to do.  And I see more sewing projects in my future.  



Sunday we got up and dressed, loaded into the truck and went out to plant 30 trees.  They were just baby trees with no root ball so other than a shovelful of dirt, 30 times, it wasn't too labour intensive and it felt darn good to get it done.


After washing up and a few loads of laundry I decided to do a bit of baking - especially since the hens have been so generous lately.  An oven baked omelet for my lunches and cake made from scratch with lemon icing were produced.  The girls raved about the cake so I think I'll make that one again but I will add tiny chocolate chips to it just for fun.



I'm already looking forward to next weekend.  I have tomatoes, celery, green peppers, kale, beets to plant and the chicks will be out of the house by then.  Note to self, next time build a brooder in the barn for these lovelies.


I hope you had a lovely weekend.

1 comment:

  1. oh, yes, by all means get new needles for the sewing machine, and encourage your girls to sew - it's a great skill, even though not all of us enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete