Wednesday 10 December 2014

December

Hello to the 15 people that read my blog - welcome!  Well it's December 10 and it's cold outside.  We are ramping up to Christmas at our house, I can hardly believe Christmas Eve is two weeks away from today.  I've bought two gifts and I've decorated and made 5 dozen sugar cookies and a dozen peanut butter chocolate chip shortbread.  It has been an extremely busy time on the farm for us.  We had a door blow right off the top part of the barn 2 weeks ago and we are in the process of re-building it.  The horses have been coming in at night from time to time.  I know they don't need to come in at night but we bring them in when it's going to be really cold or if we are expecting a lot of snow overnight.  My husband chopped down our Christmas tree last week oh it's an original.  He offered to find another one but I thought that would be wasteful so this is our tree.  It's uneven and sticks out all over the place but we love it anyway.
Next year the girls and I will go to a tree farm and pick one out.  

I'm happy to report that this winter so far has been MILD.  Yes I'm still wearing slippers and layers in the house to keep warm even with the furnace blowing at 68 degrees, and the heaters on in the mudroom, bathroom and upstairs hallway.  (Note to self:  get hubby to put that extra insulation in the attic)  I say it's been mild but it is just December and last year we got that unexpected ice storm on December 22nd.  So I'm not holding out for an entirely mild winter but fingers crossed for no ice storm and an early spring this year.  Amen!

So as things get busier I wanted to take the time to say Happy Holiday's!  All the best to you wherever you are.

1 comment:

  1. one year, we chopped down our own tree top too (in Idaho), and it was the most fun tree we ever had. here at home, we just use a fake one, as there aren't any sustainable pine tree farms around - it has the perfect christmas tree shape, it's very low maintenance, and cost us no (more) money.
    happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete