Friday 24 October 2014

Anticipation and leaves

My oldest said the other day that she can't wait for winter to come so she can play in the snow and for how pretty it is and how cozy it gets inside.  This astounded me because last year anytime we tried to get her out of the house she said it was "too cold."  But I do understand the anticipation of winter.  The wearing of mittens, scarfs and hats this time of year.  Cozying up next to the fireplace.  Being snuggley warm in layers of clothing while outside in the howling wind.  I remember last winter quite clearly.  Early morning leaving for work in the dark and evenings coming home in the dark too.  That I'm not looking forward too.  But pretty?  Yes.  Pretty.
Before it was pretty it was pretty too.  All the colorful leaves, yes they are pretty.  When you have a property in the country though?  Leaves = work.  Lots of work.  And exercise - almost win win.
Have a nice weekend everyone, I think I know what I'll be doing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment