Wednesday 19 November 2014

Snow doubt

Oh hi there!  Sorry it's been a while.  Between work and a mini vacation in Niagara Falls I haven't had time to read my favorite blogs - never mind write my own!  Last week I took a 4 day weekend to celebrate my 40th birthday and at the same time treated my daughters to 3 days and 2 nights away from the farm and the computer and the cold.  I have to admit, I'm having a little trouble getting back into the winter chores when it's so bitterly cold outside.  My work schedule has me away from the farm for 48 hours this week and when I finally do drag myself through the doors all I want to do is put on cozy clothes, catch up with my girls and sit down a bit.  My wonderful husband has been picking up the slack by keeping the horses and chickens happy and I've been doing my best to make wholesome meals in the crock pot or in advance.

On turning 40...I have a few things to say.  It is very liberating to be this confident in myself at this age.  To not care about what people think of me, my weight, my hair or my clothes.  To say what I mean and feel instead of what I think people want to hear.  Am I obnoxious or is that what 40 is all about?  I've got enough grey hair for everyone over here...why not opinions too.

On it being hard to get out there and work...after working all day and still having more work to do in the house and a family to care for...and a dog and external obligations.  Someone suggested to me at work that it was too much.  Too much work for us, how are we handling it all?  How do we ever rest, go to the gym, find time to play???  I had never really thought about it before.  I knew this would be more work and I welcomed it.  Along with that work comes exercise and sometimes play and always more time together.  We work together and we make it work like we always have.  The most amazing thing to me is that we are the happiest we've ever been with this arrangement.  To think I actually doubted we could handle it all.  Yes it's hard at times and my house is often messy but we are happy and that's all that matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment